- Date: Wednesday May 15, 2019 - Sunday May 19, 2019
- Time: See Event Description
- Venue: Teatro Nacional de Costa Rica
- Address: Avenida Segunda ,Pza Juan Mora Fernández, Av 0-2
San José, San José
- Price: ₡15000.00, ₡20000.00, ₡25000.00, ₡30000.00, ₡45000.00, ₡50000.00
- Categories: Arts & Culture - Other
The National Theater of Costa Rica becomes a “Cabaret”, to give life to the famous work of Joe Masteroff, John Kander and Fred Ebb, which is considered a musical tragedy, far removed from simple entertainment. In this opportunity it will be directed masterfully by Luis Carlos Vásquez. This staging in co-production with Teatro Espressivo, can be seen from Wednesday 15 to Sunday 19 May.
– Wednesday 15 to Friday 17: at 8:00 p.m.
– Saturday 18: at 4:00 pm and 8:00 pm
– Sunday 12: at 6:00 p.m.
“Cabaret”, set in Berlin in 1931, when Nazism began to take hold, the musical revolves around the decadent Kit Kat Klub and the relationship of its main star, the English singer Sally Bowles, with the American writer Cliff Bradshaw, who comes to the city in search of inspiration for his novel.
This musical is a play about humanity, about dreams. It has transcended decades without losing interest in it. There is talk of promiscuity, prostitution, homosexuality, anti-Semitism, abortion, a whole cluster of thorny issues even today.
– Sally Bowles: Silvia Baltodano and Isabel Guzmán alternate
– Emcee: Johnny Howell and Marco Rodriguez alternate
– Clifford Bradshaw: Francisco Rodríguez
– FräuleinSchneider: Silvia Rojas
– HerrSchultz: Rodrigo Durán V
– Ernst Ludwig: Melvin Jiménez
FräuleinKost: Karina Lesko
– Kat Klub Kit: Karina Obando, Laura Barquero, Elena Durán and Mildred Ramírez
– Sailors, officers, Bobby, Victor, Max: Uriel Morera, Franco Fernandez, Bruno Camacho
** Cabaret Zone service starts 30 minutes before the show and ends 5 minutes before the show starts **
For more information we invite you to visit the links attached.